Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What to do with all of this time to myself?

David started his first rotation on nights which I have a love/hate relationship with.  I hate it because we don't get to have that much needed alone time away from the kids to talk and hang out.  However, I really do love it because it forces me to stay busy at night instead of veg on the couch and watch Netflix for 3 or 4 hours!  Since this is only night 3 for me I have been mostly deciding what projects I want to start.  I was looking at The Small Things blog (thesmallthingsblog.com) for some much needed help on how to do my now shoulder length hair when I came across this fun activity.  It's called the 30x30 challenge.  Basically, you take 30 items from your closet and make 30 outfits from them. It's a way to challenge yourself to be creative and rethink your wardrobe while trying to avoid shopping.  I decided to do it and I want you to do it too!  Here are my choices so far.  I will post my first 3 outfits this week.  I bet you can't wait??  I know Page, Robyn and Holly will love this challenge. :)


 4 pairs of shoes
Jewelry assortment
 4 bottoms
 3 bold (for me) tops
 2 dresses
 3 belts
 2 cardigans and a scarf
6 neutral shirts
About 30 items if you include each piece of jewelry.

2 comments:

  1. Did you just pick whatever from your closet? Sounds interesting, I don't know if I am creative enough to come up with something and all my stuff is pretty plain. Maybe it would be a good challenge. I will watch for your pics then maybe I can get some courage! I like this blog idea so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoulder length hair? I want a picture of that!

    ReplyDelete